Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Hen Strikes Back

Hello folks. :3

Wow these last few weeks have been really busy.

I haven't gone on many trips and none of them outside of the area though that is about to change. >:D

However.

I went to a meeting called "Möd din kontaktperson" (mentally replace the ö with that o that's crossed out) where I was supposed to meet my contact person and exchange students  from the area. Seeing as how I had already met my contact person more than once (she is really nice!) I was mostly there to meet the exchange students.

We were to bring a dish from our home country and I must dissapoint you to say that I only brought muffins. (Oreo-chocolate-raspberry muffins. They were delish.) The other dishes were all really good even the one that was slightly over-salted and the one that was slightly over-spiced.

It also turned out that the one german exchange student was someone I had met at the camp in Arup and had thought was nice!

She really is nice!

Brief shout-out to Lena. :D

The others there were all really funny and great to hang out with too. We all went outside into the garden of the place we were meeting in and there was this huge trampolin. It was almost dark, but we still got on it and started jumping, shrieking with laughter!

In the middle of jumping I noticed the nightsky and I have never seen a starry sky like that! New moon, no lights on, it looked freaking amazing. Could see the milkyway and everything.

The only downside to the evening was that my camera died pretty much at the beginning...

CURSE YOU BATTERY!


Anyway this weekend I was helping out outside while I was talking to Britt (my host mom) about the chickens.

A few months ago they bought some chicks and now they're getting older and we still need to identify the roosters and hens.

I was mentioning that I thought some were acting like roosters (they were fighting) and Britt told me in a laughing tone that I should google how to tell the difference and go do it.

I thought she was joking.

She wasn't. XD

So I quickly checked how (hens have round saddlefeathers, roosters pointed ones) and Jens (my host dad) and I went out and checked every young chicken. Most of the time I still didn't have a clue. XD

I think there are only 2 roosters. Let's see if my predictions pan out. :D


Then there is the evil chicken.

Yes. She is evil.

They have a box where the chickens lay their eggs and we can reach from outside to get them and that ONE chicken wants to keep them. She'll peck you and just refuse to move and be threatening in general.

She is an evil chicken.

Britt and I decided she was the evil chicken though I saw Jens grin indulgently. Then he got pecked today. >:D
(Sorry Jens. XD)


On sunday I visited Lena (the exchange student) at her house because she ironically lives just down the road.

I had known that an exchange student was living there, but I didn't want to go up to the front door saying:"Hi! I'm Kathryn! I'm from Germany and traveling with AFS too!Who are you and where do you come from? Let's all be friends and skip over rainbows! Yaaaaaay!"

Especially that last bit. They would run in fear. Like you all should be.

God I'm weird...

Anywho I asked her if she wanted to come with me and my host family to Kolding which is basically a danish mall.

It was really cool! :D

Lena and I pretty much ditched Jens, Britt and Kaya (my little host sister) and ran amok in the mall. Funny thing is we skipped all the clothes stores and ran for the electronic stores and game stores. XD

Then the art supplies shop. The book stores (with games).

I mostly skipped the clothes because I don't care much for clothes shopping and if I want clothes I'll go with Britt who gets 50% off everything at the store she works.

I had a lot of fun and Lena said it was a relief to talk german again and I think she had fun too. XD


Now about work...

I really enjoy working with the kids and my colleauges. They're all really great and are super patient with me and my bad danish. I'm really trying to learn more!

Now I gave the parents at Boellen two weeks to let me know if they didn't want pictures of their kids posted here so here you have a bunch.

There will first be some nature pictures and some mixed in since I didn't really sort the albums and stuff on my computer. Oh well. You'll live. XD

Now I won't explain too much here. I'll comment under the pictures. :D






Tried taking a picture in the window. I was bored. What can I say?



KAYA! :D



I am the night... Call me... Max...

Herp derp ignoring you lalala...



5 minutes before it had been hailing. What the heck.

What. The. Heck.




Big shroom.























Not playing with light.


































Made this at work before the kids could get their hands on it. XD
I made a lot of stuff that became their toys. A treehouse (which was actually an upside-down tower), the beginning of the eiffel tower (which was destroyed twice actually), etc.

Those who haven't had breakfast yet eat now. Kitchen is behind the door in the back of the picture.

Play area with lots of lego and a few other things. When I say lots of lego I mean a lot.


Calm before the storm...

I made the eiffel tower with these. These magnets are really, really cool and popular with the kids.


The other play area. The kids love it.

View of the whole room from the entrance to the office. In the back is the entrance and door to the other play area.


Gathering before breakfast.

But first let me take a selfie. With one of the kids. Who is actually my neighbor at the same time.

Getting ready to go outside.

Listening to the mad ramblings of my coworker Dennis. :D



BANG!
This is the boys favorite game at the moment. XD






Hard to believe it was raining moments ago with that sky...

This pumpkin here loved taking his picture with me and just of himself. :3
He's such a sweetie.

Again listening to the mad ramblings of Dennis. XD



Getting ready for Frokost. Or Aftermiddagsmal...














The wheels on the bus go round and round...

Every week we drive out here to play. :D










Dennis, Winnie and Ida.
Co-worker, second boss, boss.







Kaya is also at Boellen, but in the nursery part.
I'm only in the kindergarden.




























Reading the Hobbit out loud. Geek education starts early.


I just had to.




Something I saw on my way home from work. :D






Oh yeah and on friday I'm going to Copenhagen for four days.
Bye! :D

1 comment: