Sunday, September 14, 2014

Höstfest and Hike

Höstfest is really neat.

It's the danish version of the german Erntedankfest and at my kindergarden we celebrated it last friday. It was a lot of fun!

And really tasty thanks to the many snacks the parents brought. X3

My coworker Dennis and I made the poster for it and we actually hid two monsters on it. XD

We had been imaginging and making up different kinds of monsters and two of them were called Nightmare and Fluffy McFluffbutt. Nightmare is a black "horse" with claws, fangs and red eyes. Fluffy is a little albino rabbit (and is basically a rip off of the white rabbit from Monty Python).

So yeah. We hid them on the poster because why not?

We had fun doing that.

I was especially proud of how good Nightmare came out too. :3






So that was a really nice event we had in the afternoon. Even if it meant that afterwards it felt like I had had a ten hour shift instead of the seven I was supposed to work...







By the way that bucket says "pyt" which means oh well/whatever and the kids are supposed to yell that in the bucket when they are frustrated.


Kaya and her mormor (grandmother on her mothers side).





One of the neighbors kids. He's really sweet. :3






Flowers or blomster in danish.

Kaya "bothering" a worker near the place where we got our dinner for that evening.




Today I was supposed to go on a bike tour with the exchange students of the area. Then this morning I got the message that because it was drizzling some people didn't want to go. The plan was to go for a walk instead, eat lunch, look at a museum and have coffee and cake.

I was a bit disappointed though. I had really been looking forward to the bike tour.

We still had a lot of fun though!

My group was lagging behind the main group so we were goofing off a lot. We played the song:"#Selfie" outloud and took quite a bunch of selfies. XD

I'll post some later when I get them.

We had some laughs during lunch mostly because I had made riceballs and used the wrong rice. They had fallen apart and it was one big mess and I had no spoon. I tried eating it with my hands which was hilarious to others until one of the people there noticed my dilemma and gave me a plastic spoon.

The museum was very interesting. It was about old types of stores. Those with those metal signs stuff...

I can't describe it. Just see a bit from the pictures...

Coffee and cake was delicious and again we goofed off quite a bit.

Basically a funny day. :D


Nomnom carrots. We're all rabbits.


Don't be surprised to see much of Lena. I liked to take sneaky shots of her when she wasn't looking. XD


Barely walking ten meters and we were already lagging behind. Also this is the only foresty bit of the whole hike. :D

This is what it looked like afterwards. :3

About this time we played the #Selfie music. XD

Aren't we cute? <3



>:D

Today I also had a fascination with flowers so bear with me. XD





Lena was also constantly photobombing me and this was the one time she succeeded... >:(

Some of the others. Pretty far ahead.




Fuzzy, but I liked it enough to post it. :)









Lunch! OMNOMNOM!



Lena trying to hide. :D





Signing the guest book.

D'awww...

"AFS says hej!" was the title and then we each wrote something in our native language. I wrote in german for Lena and myself.



Boys will be boys. XD

Chocolate cake. It was so rich I thought my heart would stop from all the calories! XD


Also here are some other pictures taken from Britts cellphone. Enjoy. :)


Kaya liked my shoes so she tried walking around in them. XD








Kaya also loves being pushed around on this cart! Bad for my back though...



These are from when I learned how to check the chickens if they were hens or roosters.















Kaya: This is so boring. They should be playing with me instead.

2 comments:

  1. Love the chicken shots! Seems like you're learning a lot of useful stuff lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess we don't need to tell you about the birds and the bees anymore. Some great pictures Kathryn. I also liked Kaja in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete