Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Copenhagen And More

Copenhagen is AMAZING!

No, seriously it is.

Not only could I walk anywhere in Copenhagen because everything was so close together it was sunny almost all the time! Except on the last day where it was a bit cloudy and on sunday where it drizzled in the morning.

Anyway.

I flew to Copenhagen (surprise, surprise) because that was cheaper than going by train thanks to a special deal from one of my neighbors (they are so cool) so at about three in the afternoon on friday I arrived at the central station in CPH to meet up with my friend Marjolein (who you might remember from my camp entry...).

We took the bus to Nörrebro (replace ö with the danish equivalent) where we found the apartment of the very nice woman Mary who was going to let us stay there while we were in CPH.

Mary you are awesome.

The rest of that day we "just" walked around Nörrebro. We visited the local cemetary/park where a few famous Danish people are buried and then went out to eat pizza (nomnom) and then just walked around until like ten in the evening.
Nörrebro has the reputation of being the ghetto of CPH, but it didn't feel like that to me and Marjolein. Alright one or two places there did, but in general not really. People were having little parties in the street and just having fun. It was really sweet.

Next day. Saturday.

We. Walked. Everywhere.

We walked from Nörrebro to the center where we proceeded to walk up and down the whole center of CPH and we saw lots of cool things.

Like creepy underwater statues.
Or Ed who talked about politics with us in front of the little mermaid while there was a brutal fight for who gets to take a picture with her next. (Someone even fell into the water.)

Or the really freaking loud cannons going off celebrating the 350th anniversary of the Kastellet.

And I got postcards. :D

But stamps are SO expensive! When I asked for stamps after getting the postcards my jaw nearly hit the floor! It sounds worse too because the cashier said it in danish kronen which is means you multiply the euro price times seven and then you know how much it costs in Denmark.
I will not be getting used to that I think...

A church in Nörrebro

The cemetary/park





Marjolein walking in the cemetary.


This very interesting tombstone!

Smörrebrodd made into an art.

Marjolein posing in one of the many churches we saw.

Fredericksborg

The inner courtyard of the Radhus (Rathaus in german, I-don't-know in english)

Inside the Radhus


It's Toothless for crying out loud. I HAD to! (Especially with my Totoro bag...)

Marjolein taking pictures of Nyhaven.


The Opera House




Can't remember the name, but there was a wedding going on inside so we couldn't go inside anyway...

An interesting place we found in one of the many alleys. XD


She was one of the few to get a picture without some random person next to her also getting their picture taken.

We were told all the time how small the little mermaid was and not to be dissappointed by that. What we expected then: 0.5m What we got: HUMAN SIZE

This was at the Kastellet.


Rosenborg in the sunset.


On sunday we met up with two friends of Marjoleins (Sissel and Astrid) who took us to Christiania by bus. It really looked interesting and it was fascinating,but I just couldn't get over the smell. It made me really queasy.

But we left to go walk to the center of CPH to get something to eat.

Oh and we also met a monk who was really nice. (Still didn't convince me on the whole Krischna idea though...)

Sissel and Astrid left afterwards and Marjolein and I went to the National Museum of Denmark which was really nifty. Plus no entrance fee. What's not to like?
Marjolein went to the Rennessaince part while I went into Prehistoric Denmark. It was very interesting even if the bog mummies gave me a nightmare the next night.
It was so weird! I looked at the mummies and felt sorry for them for a moment, but then I moved on! They didn't freak me out the least there! But nooooo! I just had to have a nightmare about them!

Curse you nightmare mummies!

Marjolein, Mary and I made dinner that evening which was a delicious chicken with potatoes and a apple-carrot salad I made. Marjolein and I also bought a cake on the way home which we shared after dinner. So good. Nom.

I think I'm going to get fat here in Denmark. XD

By the way how many interpret AFS: Another Fat Student
When it's actually American Field Service... XD

On the bus to Christiania...

...with Sissel and Astrid.

Spiral church near Christiania.

Taking pictures of each other in the National Museum. XD

Oh yeah and no pictures of inside Christiania because they had signs that said: No pictures! Buying and selling weed is still illegal!

No! Really!? Why would they do that!?
Warning: Sarcasm detected.

Then on Monday we packed in the morning and said bye to Mary before walking around the parts of CPH we hadn't been to yet. We even went to a part Marjolein and I called the posh part of CPH and walked around the Tivoli. Too expensive to actually go inside...

Afterwards we went to get something to eat and just sat for a while talking and watching people walk by.

Marjolein left earlier than I did (at 4) so I after I dropped her off at the central station I went to see the movie Lucy. It was so amazing! :D
I LOVED it! I really recommend it!

Anyway I made my way to the airport once the movie was done and just hung out there until my neighbor Hellen came to fly back to Billund with me. She then drove me home which was super sweet.

Welcome to posh CPH.





This looked really funky-cool! :D










No longer in posh CPH, but found some public trainer thingies?



This wheel was really sweet (and a bit weird...)



See the thermometer? :D

The cinema I went to. Looks funky doesn't it? :)

I went to Starbucks for tea and ordered the biggest cup they got thinking:"How big can it be?" IT IS FREAKING HUGE.

I had gate A31 at first... All on my own... It didn't help I was way early...


So because I was all alone I dared to make a selfie. Fifth from the bottom is my plane. The gate changed later though... Grumble...

Still all on my own...

Lonely. I am so lonely. I have nobody...

Man was that creepy being all on my own. I even went back to a place where there were people and waited for a bit before going back to my gate when there were at least two other people there!


And now I have a cold...

Yaaaay...

But it was still awesome in CPH! :D

Also here are some more pictures from work before I left:



















1 comment:

  1. Yay Copenhagen! Must go there someday. And your place of work looks pretty cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete