Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thyborön and a cooking adventure

Last weekend my host family and I went to Thyborön (as usual switch the german ö with the danish version). It is my host fathers hometown and we went there with most of his side of the family.

So his sister, her husband, his mother, uncle, aunt, etc.

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous weather so we went to the beach which was a short walk away.

Seriously like over the dike and BAM. Beach. ;D

Jen's brother-in-law is a Magic player so when we had the chance we would play. I discovered that my blue-green deck isn't as wimpy as I thought it was and my white-green one could use a little work.
I had a lot of fun playing Magic with him. X3

Sunday the weather wasn't so nice at first, but it cleared up later on. We went to the local aquarium and got to pet all sorts of fish, sharks and sting rays (the harmless kind of course).

They felt so weird. I am torn between fascination and skin crawling (and not the good kind). It didn't help that Bjarke and Christine were kind of daring me to. :'D

Have some pictures.





Jen's mother, Christine (and baby-to-be) and Bjarke.

























An old german bunker.







"Draw me like one of your french girls."


Oh and Kaya smacked my camera with a sand filled hand on saturday which was why I haven't been able to take pictures until yesterday evening. Jens saved my camera by taking it apart once and then putting it back together after cleaning it.

Thank you Jens!



Today I made Käs'spätzle with spinach. I made the Spätzle from scratch which was easier said than done and I ended up with some mutant formed Spätzle, but it tasted good so I can't complain. Especially since I did nearly the entire thing without a recipe and only from remembering how my mom used to make it.

The Spätzle I looked up, but the rest I did from memory.

DIDN'T HELP I WAS MAKING MUFFINS AT THE SAME TIME.

SO I WAS A LITTLE STRESSED.

Just a little. XD

Have some more pictures.

The row of fire.

Getting ready.

Finally done and cleaned up! What a load of work!

Prepping for the muffins while waiting for Jens to come home with the spinach.

The first batch. A recipe for 24 muffins which yielded like 36. :D

Almost done! ;D

Just needed CHEESE.
Cheeeese Gromit!

The leftovers.

Last batch still in the oven, but here are most of the muffins.

No, I won't be posting food a lot like some people do. I was just proud of my Spätzle and wanted to share that. Mostly with my mom, but hey.

Have an AWESOME weekend. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Haha you had me worried for a minute. Read about mutant spätzle and then the first pic was all the red and green things in jars. Mutant indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, I'm bursting with pride! Muffins and hand-made Spätzle at the same time!!! You da studmuffin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thyborøn looks awesome. Good work on the cooking, too. If you ever need to use the ø, you can use a Windows application called charmap. Just type charmap in the search field of the start menu.

    ReplyDelete